Mark, Australian Resident, at your service.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dobbie, the little Red Wonder Car.

Way back in January of 2010 I purchased the Nortons 2010 Internet Security from a trusted electrical superstore chain. This was done on a Sunday afternoon. Later that evening after loading the security onto my new computer I decided to enter the competition to win a car (1 car given away every week for the next 10 weeks) that Nortons was offering to all who purchased. I entered all my details. Let me remind you this was on a Sunday night of the first week that the competition was running. Entered and quickly forgotten Monday came around and off to work I go. January, summer and a day moving furniture, it's easy to work up a thirst and linking up with a work mate or two to knock down a pint is what usually happens. Young and Jacksons on Flinders in the CBD after two pints of Carlton is where I left my work buddies and started the drive home. Half way home my mobile rings, I pull over as every driver should when they want to answer their mobile while driving and this lovely female voice asks "Are you sitting down", "Yes" I say and then she says " Congratulations you have won a brand new 2010 Ford Fiesta. Fuck me dead!!!!! No way Are you joking ???

No, it was all true. Never, ever in my whole life did I ever imagine I would own a brand new car. Two weeks later I was off to Strapp Ford of Doncaster to pick up my new, free, all on road cost included brand new Red 2010 Ford Fiesta, new car smells and all. How chuffed was I... Real Chuffed.
We decided Dobbie was the name the little Red car should take. Dobbie has multiple little beeps, alarms and noises. You don't fasten your seat belt, Beep Beep Beep, you're nicked. You don't have your door shut properly, Beep Beep Beep, you're nicked. Petrol is low, Beep Beep Beep you're nicked. You can't get away with anything in this little red car, hence Dobbie, do anything wrong and he dobbs on you and you are nicked....

So here we are a wonderfull new car and all mine for free no expense. Oh how times have changed. Luck was far from my side, but no more. And see people do win these obscure competitions. I did, you could, so my friend enter away and don't give up, Shit happens and good shit too....

No comments:

Post a Comment