Mark, Australian Resident, at your service.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Another Week


So It's later on.. How later? About a week. It's been a busy week at work, Deakin and Monash Universities have been holding exams and yours truly has been delivering and setting up Exam desks. I drive a truck for Valiant Hire of Melbourne, who by the way are "Setting Hire Standards". Thousands of desks are being set up all over this fine city for the CPA quarterly exams, over 4000 people want to be Accountants. Save us all. I guess lots of these people are Asian students and will eventually return home to practice Accountancy in there motherland.... Well it keeps me busy and gives me loads of overtime, just gotta love that double-time pay rate, and I do love driving a truck.

Pay day was Thursday and my most favorite thing to do on Thursday is to head on down to Northland Shopping Centre and have a wonderful Bento Box of Sushi and Sashimi from my favorite Japanese Take-Away for dinner. First thing to do is get home from work, wash off the days grime in a hot shower, and believe me hire furniture gets very grimy. Consume a beer or two, then a shot or two of Jameson Irish Whiskey and/or a shot or two of Doubs Mystique Absinthe. Eating sushi slightly to completely pissed is such a joy and highly recommended. Don't do this at home kids, see I am actually quite the responsible adult, ha. Once I have had my fill of raw fish, seaweed, marinated squid and rice I'll chill out for a while and get off on watching people wonder through the food court while I let the Bento Box settle. It's so much fun watching people who I don't know and making up stories about their lives. Who needs a zoo when you have a suburban food court.
A nice way to end the evening is to wonder off to Degani, a coffee shop located in one of the walkways inside Northland. Mark (cool name there dude) runs this particular Degani and he is the maestro of Iced Coffees, this man makes the absolute best Iced Coffee I have ever had the joy of sampling. Heavan in a tall glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment