Mark, Australian Resident, at your service.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday Dinner with Mark - Chicken with Mango Salsa

Mango Chicken with Croutons and Bacon.

It's Sunday evening and tonight for dinner the Lovely and I are about to eat Mango Chicken.... Yum.

To Start with I turn 2 slices of stale white bread into Croutons. Cubed and sprinkled with dried herbs crisped off in a pan with Olive Oil. Set aside.



Next, I chop 2 Rashes of Middle Bacon into small pieces and fry off without oil in the same pan the croutons were cooked in, cook well and make crunchy, this also works really well if you do the bacon first then the croutons. The result is bacony flavoured croutons, real special. Set aside.









Then I cut into small cubes, Red and Green Capsicum, Shallots, Cucumber, Cherry Tomatoes and Mango. Mix them all together in a bowl, add juice of Lemon and Lime, add a splash of Maple Syrup, a Splash of Balsamic Vinegar and A Splash of Olive Oil. Mix well.











Slice One or Two Chicken Breasts into strips, place in a bowl, scrape whatever Mango is left on the Mango skin and mix with the Chicken, add a splash of Olive Oil, a sprinkle of Sweet Paprika, a sprinkle of Cinnamon, a sprinkle of dried Ginger and a sprinkle of Black Pepper. Mix Well

Fry up the Chicken Strips on a Griddle Pan, when done place on a bed of Lettuce, Croutons and Bacon, if you so desire add slices of Avocado. Add the Mango Salsa by scooping it over the Chicken and Lettuce. Eat and enjoy. We did..


As an extra I blacken some dried Chilli pieces in a small amount of oil to sprinkle over the top of the complete dish. This is just for me as my Lovely is not the Chilli freak that I am.



And for dessert I had previously made an unbaked Lemon and Lime Cheesecake with a two biscuit crust and Passion Fruit splashed on top.

Fuck it all, a fabulous Sunday dinner devoured and desired. It will happen again, and as it's summer, sooner rather than later I'd say....

2 comments:

  1. well I guess I could add the veg component, and a nice glass of wine... Linda must feel spoilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow it appears to be me commenting and not the getup qbn thing...I cant work it out!!!

    ReplyDelete